Post op pain day #12, 16.10.2024

 Post op pain day #12, 16.10.2024


In a place of physical pain

Where every breath hurts

And i can't stop brooding

That it can't get any worse…


So many whys

All over my brain

And the ‘when will this end?’

I’m all drained..


Where will I go to? 

To whom will I turn? 

No one who understands

All these laments from my being as it churns..


But there is a glimmer of hope

Jesus walks in this valley with me

Each painful step, each throb of pain

He understands, totally..


I don’t understand

Nor do I pretend to, 

‘Light and momentary afflictions’

Feel weighty and never ending too..


His hands are gentle

They're also scarred

And His visage 

Was unrecognisably marred..


He bore the stripes

All thirty nine vicious and brutal

For our healing

He did not struggle..


I can rest 

Even in this, He is near

This body will decay

But He is here…


Lisa Choudhrie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog