Intrusive thoughts 21.9.2024


Saw it this morning

It got embedded in my brain

And it's sitting there gross and gloating

And coming up again and again.. 


The images get worse

Can't get them to stop

Horrid and haunting

And my mind's getting lost.. 


Swallowing my tablet

Sweet relief in a bit

Short lived, nevertheless relief

Rescue from the slimy pit.. 


Welcome my friend

To the world of intrusive thoughts

Sick, unrelenting

My mind feels trapped and caught.. 


The obsessions, the anxiety

The low moods and depression

Doggedly tail me

With their weird symptoms.. 


‘Jesus, distract my mind

Give me alternative thoughts

Help me, save me from this death trap

You're all I've got.. ‘


And He answers through eternity

‘ child I'm fighting for you

Not a hair of yours can fall

I'm taking you through.. ‘


‘Dark and rough path

But I hold your hand tight, 

Rest in my arms, find your peace and rest

Up ahead is the light.. ‘


Lisa Choudhrie



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog