Anxiety- the snake            29.8.2024


The snake strikes again

Sabotaging my mind

My heart thuds, my limbs grow weak

Paralysed, helpless, trembling inside..


Stops me in my tracks

Throws me off balance

Catastrophic waves

Slapping me every direction, every chance..


I take my medicine

That’s step one of the game

Slow down and breathe

Turn a deaf ear to the guilt and shame..


And I turn to Jesus

My Gentle Shepherd

I’m the one stuck in the thicket

My cries and pleas are heard..


Carry me Lord, 

This day seems too long

I’m not who I appear to be

I’m feeble and weak, not strong..


He says, in His strong and gentle voice

As He lifts me tenderly

Those broad shoulders

Those arms of love, holding me…


‘ I carry you through the fire and flood

I carry you when the storm howls

I carry you, when you feel alone

Do not fear, I’ll never leave you forlorn…’


‘This day, I’ll walk with you

Help you with your burden

Come, rest your weary spirit

I have manna from heaven..’


‘Each painful moment

That feels like a struggle

I’ll take you through

I’m strong and gentle..’


‘Rest child, for this day’s length

Rest, as you walk life today

Rest in my protection and healing

I’ll walk with you, along life’s way…’



Lisa Choudhrie

Uploading: 23773 of 23773 bytes uploaded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog